Statistics Canada

maple leaf
 
Français Home

The Daily

Monday, November 20, 2017
The Daily is released Monday to Friday at 8:30 a.m.
Eastern time, except during holidays.

Activities of Canadian majority-owned affiliates abroad, 2015
Total employment of Canadian majority-owned foreign affiliates rose by 3.7% in 2015 to 1.31 million on the strength of non-US employment.

Activities of foreign majority-owned affiliates in Canada, 2015
Foreign majority-owned affiliates operating in Canada saw a reduction in many of their key economic and financial activities in 2015, including level of employment, the value of merchandise exports, and operating revenues, expenses and profits.

Pipeline transportation of oil and other liquid petroleum products, September 2017

Monthly Survey of Smelters and Metal Refineries, September 2017

Canadian Agriculture at a Glance, census year 2016

New products and studies

PDF version

Recent releases from The Daily

November 17, 2017
Consumer Price Index, October 2017
The Consumer Price Index rose 1.4% on a year-over-year basis in October, following a 1.6% increase in September. On a seasonally adjusted monthly basis, the Consumer Price Index was up 0.2% in October, matching the increase in September.

November 17, 2017
Stock and consumption of fixed capital, 2016
The volume of Canada's non-residential and residential net capital stock increased 1.9% in 2016. In value terms, Canadian net capital stock reached $4.7 trillion in 2016, of which non-residential capital stock represented 52.2%, while residential capital stock accounted for the remaining 47.8%.

November 16, 2017
Canada's international transactions in securities, September 2017
Foreign investment in Canadian securities totalled $16.8 billion in September, up from $9.8 billion in August. At the same time, Canadian investment in foreign securities slowed to $2.4 billion in September, after reaching $12.1 billion in August.

November 16, 2017
Monthly Survey of Manufacturing, September 2017
Manufacturing sales rose 0.5% to $53.7 billion in September, reflecting higher sales in the petroleum and coal product industry.